Free Credit Report In UK
You can get a free credit report in UK from Experian and Equifax credit bureaus. The law states that every consumer be provided a statutory copy of his personal credit report every year. However, this service is not completely free. You will have to pay £2 to access your annual statutory credit report in UK. So the credit report in UK is not really a free credit report, but a Statutory Credit report.
Your statutory rights to a personal credit report in UK include the right to:
- Be posted a copy of your Statutory Credit Report within 7 working days of receipt of your request and payment unless you order the instant on-line report.
- Dispute inaccurate information on your credit file.
- Have errors corrected within 28 days.
Order your Statutory Equifax Credit Report Online in UK Here: Equifax Statutory Credit Report – UK
Order your Statutory Experian Credit Report in UK here. Experian Statutory Credit Report – UK
Of course you can also buy a credit report from equifax and experian websites. They offer trial offers of credit monitoring which allow you to see your credit report for free for the first 30 days.
To get your Experian free credit report in UK visit – www.creditexpert.co.uk. They offer a free 30 day trial offer where you can access both your Experian credit report and credit score.
There is a similar offer from Equifax which can be found at www.equifax.co.uk. Equifax also offers you the UK statutory credit report for £2. You can opt to receive it by post within 7 days or get instant online access. You can also dispute errors in your credit file and have Equifax give you the result of the investigation in 28 days.
Sample Credit Report In UK
Free Credit Report In Australia:
You will need to contact the credit reporting agencies to obtain a copy of your credit reports. You will be asked to provide information to enable them to properly identify you. This will include:
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your previous address
- Your driver’s licence number.
- Two forms of identification including•a copy of your driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate or Proof of Age card, as well as•a document issued by an official body which includes your name and address (i.e. rates notice, utility bill or bank statement)
- Your current employer or a previous employer
- Name of the organisation to which you last applied for credit
- A daytime telephone number
- Your signature
- How you would like your file sent to you, via post, fax or email
Credit reports are generally required to be given free of charge.There are two main credit reporting agencies. Their contact details are:
Veda Advantage Public Access PO Box 964 North Sydney NSW 2059
Phone:1300 762 207 Fax: (02) 9278 7333
Dun & Bradstreet Public Access Centre Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) P/L PO Box 7405 St Kilda Road VIC 3004
Phone: 132 333 Fax: 03 9828 3185
People living in Tasmania can also contact:
Tasmanian Collection Service: GPO Box 814H Hobart TAS 7001
Phone: 03 6213 5555 Fax: 03 6234 2988
URL: http://www.tascol.com.au/reports.htm Email: email@example.com
There is an express service also offered by these credit bureaus and other 3rd party websites that send the credit report in one business day. This is a paid service and costs anywhere around 30 – 40 AUD approximately.